CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Something which I HAVE to say...


I read with shock about the Phillipines massacre. While I was struggling with my exams and hoping it would be over, these people were fighting for their lives - to no avail.

The worse part, I feel, was not the killing...but the reasons behind it. Apparently they were for political reasons, and all who were killed were extremely innocent people - journalists, passersbys, and women. The news left out a lot of details, but I think that the killings were gruesome. Who knows, maybe some of the women were even raped.

The Phillipines is definitely a country which is now suffering from misfortunes. First, it is the typhoon, then more typhoon, then this mindless massacre (and the ongoing terrorist activities in the south). I wonder how the Phillipines as a nation would be able to recover....or even how the family and friends of those who were killed (literally executed) would be able to accept it.

It is such incidents that made me feel that politicians become politicians for the money, fame and power; and not because they truly would like to help their own people. While children are educated in patriotism and such, the leaders of the country are in fact the ones who are the least patriotic. Shame on them...
At the same time, I do feel that if the perpetrators are doing this for political purposes, they have just done the opposite. They have just ruined their political careers...good for them...

I truly pray that the perpetrators would be brought to justice (not only those who carry out the dirty act, but the masterminds too). If they are capable of carrying out such horrible acts, it shows that they have lost their humanity, and as such, they should not be treated humanely. I am not an advocate of the death sentence (and in fact, I feel that it shouldn't exist), but for some people who are worse than animals (at least animals kill each other for food), may God forgive them, cause I doubt that humans will be able to.

I also pray that the victims might rest in peace, and that their family and friends would be able to recover someday. Although they say that time heals, I doubt that it would in this case...but I still pray that somehow they will be able to survive this tragic incident.




0 comments: